Government- Week 8, 5/18-5/20
No new assignments.
Complete any missing work you have and send me an email when everything is done. I will be inputting grades all week, and want to keep ProgressBook as up to date as possible.
Government- Week 6, 5/4-5/8
Due by 3:00pm on 5/8:
1. Read Chapter 14 Section 4 (p. 405-408). Look through the last section of my PowerPoint that has been uploaded to SharePoint.
2. Complete the 14.4 Quiz in Forms.
3. Complete the Chapter 14 Formative Quiz in Forms. It is formative, but will help be similar to the test.
4. I decided to push the test back until the following week, so the Chapter 14 Test will be in Week 7. I did this so that everyone can get all of their grades caught up and turned in as we get closer to the end of the year. So check ProgressBook and get caught up.
***April 27 Announcement***
For the most part, great job in getting everything done from last week. Most of you completed all the assignments and I entered them into ProgressBook this morning. Assignments for this week have been posted, but I also wanted to share a couple reminders with everyone again:
1. If you miss that 3:00pm Friday due date there isn't any penalties yet. But, please send me an email saying you completed an assignment because I have no way of knowing whether you completed a late assignment or not. If I have entered the grades into ProgressBook already, I won't go back and look at Forms unless you tell me you've completed old work.
2. If you want to reassess anything you can. Just send me an email letting me know which assignment you would like to reassess and I will make a new one for you. Many of you have done that already and I really appreciate it.
Government- Week 5, 4/27-5/1
Due by 3:00pm on 5/1:
1. Read Chapter 14 Section 2 and 3 (p. 393-403). Look through sections 2 and 3 of my PowerPoint, it has been uploaded in SharePoint.
-There is a part os my PowerPoint about the JFK Assassination. Don't do anything with it now, but remind me in Civics in the fall and we will spend a whole day on it.
2. Complete the 14.2 and 14.3 Quiz in Forms.
3. Complete the Unique Presidents Quiz in Forms. Use my PowerPoint to complete this quiz.
4. Complete the President's that died in Office Quiz in Forms. Use my PowerPoint to complete this quiz.
5. Next week we will have a test of Chapter 14- The Presdidency. A study guide and formative have been uploaded into SharePoint.
Government- Week 4, 4/20-4/24
Due by 3:00pm on 4/24:
1. Complete the 1-27 Amendment Test in Forms. Please answer with the number only, or Forms will count it wrong.
Start of the Presidency Unit
Using this website: whitehousemuseum.org
2. Look around the website at the different floors, rooms, and grounds of the White House. Each area has links that can be clicked on to see what it looks like now, used to look like, and information about that area. In SharePoint I uploaded a map with areas to be filled in. That is not an assignment that needs to be completed, we usually did it in class, but may help you for the following quiz.
3. Complete the White House Map Quiz in Forms.
4. Read Chapter 14 Section 1 (p. 390-392) and look through the first section of my Chapter 14 PowerPoint. It has been uploaded in SharePoint.
5. Complete the 14.1 Quiz in Forms
***April 14 Announcement***
Welcome back from Spring Break. For the most part everyone is doing a great job logging in and completing assignments, but I wanted to send out a couple reminders about things that I am getting a lot of questions or feedback from students about:
1. All of the assignments that you need to complete will be posted by weeks in my school website. Most of the assignments will have a blue link that will take you directly to Microsoft Forms where they can be completed. All of the content I put in SharePoint is just supplemental that will help you complete any of the forms.
2. I will post all assignments for the following week on Fridays, but they are not due until the next Friday at 3:00pm. For Example: this Friday, April 17th I am going to post a few assignments for next week. Those need to be completed by Friday, April 24 at 3:00pm. ***Originally I told you 9:00am, but that time has been changed back to 3:00pm to coincide with the end of the school week***
3. If you miss that 3:00pm due date it is not the end of the world and there isn't any penalties yet. But please send me an email saying you completed an assignment because I have no way of knowing whether you completed a late assignment or not.
4. If you want to reassess anything you can. Just send me an email letting me know which assignment you would like to reassess and I will make a new one for you. Many of you have done that already and I really appreciate it.
Government- Week 3, 4/14-4/17
Due by 9:00am on 4/17:
1. Complete the Chapter 12 Review Quiz in Forms. This is a shorter version of the Test to help prepare for it. It will still be counted as summative, but worth less than the test.
2. Complete the Chapter 12 Test- Congress in Forms.
3. Complete 1-27 Amendment Practice in Forms.
This website will be used to post any assignments you will need to complete during the extended break. Assignments for the following week will be posted by 9:00am each Friday. All assignments have a due date of Fridays at 9:00am of the week they should be completed. Please make sure all work is completed on time and completely so that everything can be graded and posted in ProgressBook in a timely manner.
To complete the quizzes in Office Forms, each assignment is linked if you click on it.
Most materials for any assignments will be posted in the class Office365 SharePoint folder and all communications with me should be made through Office365. If you forgot your password, use the "forgot password" link, and Mrs. Doty will reset your password to Student12345. A reminder on how to follow this class in Office365 in case you haven't already:
1- Log in to Office365
2- Click on the SharePoint app
3- If you don't see "Government2020", go to the search box and search for "Government2020"
4- It will be the first result since everyone has been added, click on the class
5- In the upper right corner click on the star to start following the class
6- After a few minutes, Government2020 will now show up in all the apps of Office365
My email: firstname.lastname@example.org
***March 31 Announcement***
When you are filling out any of the Microsoft Forms, please make sure you are logged into the website as yourself. Several of you have been logged in as someone else when you take the quiz, which then shows me someone elses name when it is graded. I can't give you a grade for something if I don't know it was your work.
Also, next week is our Spring Break so no assignments will need to be completed by that Friday. I will post assignments for the following week (4/14-4/17) this week, but they aren't due until April 17.
***March 23 Announcement***
I have sent out a few emails to the whole group but most of you aren't seeing them because they don't automatically go to your inbox, they go to the Group inbox. In the Outlook app in Office365, on the left side where all the different folders are (inbox, draft, sent, etc...) scroll down untill you see Groups. Government2020 will be an email group that will have a few announcements in it. In my Outlook app I moved that group towards the top to make it easier to see, that may be helpful for you if you don't remember to check it.
Government- Week 2, 3/30-4/3
Due 9:00am on 4/3
1. Complete the 116th Congress Quiz in Forms
2. Read 12.3 and 12.4 in the book. (p. 334-346)
This may help, some of you have been asking to watch it all year: How a Bill Becomes a Law
3. Look through my PowerPoint for any extra material. There's not much for these two sections, but there is several links to famous filibusters over the years.
4. Complete the 12.3 and 12.4 Quiz in Forms.
5. Complete the 11-20 Amendment Practice in Forms.
6. A Study Guide has been uploaded in SharePoint for the Chapter 12 Test which will be next week.
Government- Week 1, 3/23-3/27
1. Complete the Intro Form to ensure everyone knows how to use Forms.
2. Complete the 21-27 Amendment Practice in Forms.
3. Complete the Chapter 4 Test- Federalism in Forms.
4. Read Chapter 12.1 and 12.2 (p.320-333) and look through my PowerPoint over 12.1 and 12.2.
5. Complete the 12.1 and 12.2 Quiz in Forms.