Week of 4/27
1. Don't forget to share your Powerpoint slideshow with me by 12:00 p.m. (noon) today!
2. Complete the course review distributed by COTC. You can find this in your COTC email account. In the past, some students have found this in their junk mail or clutter folders.
Tuesday and Wednesday
1. Another aspect of an effective presentation is a confident, engaging delivery. Since I will not be able to assess your delivery, I am going to ask you to watch students' speeches and assess their delivery. Before you do so, please use the rubric below to consider the elements of a strong delivery.
2. Choose 2 of the following speeches to watch and to assess. Please keep in mind that we are focusing on DELIVERY, not the content or topic of the speech. Sometimes this can be hard to separate, but try to focus on the speaker's presence.
Use Form 1 to assess one speech of your choice; use Form 2 to assess a second speech of your choice. Please keep the rubric open as I will ask you to use it to give written feedback on the speaker's delivery. The first four questions will ask you to rate the speaker on a scale of 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the best, on the four highlighted qualities from the rubric. The last question is a short open-ended response that asks you to dig into the reasoning behind your scoring using the more specific elements listed below the four highlighted qualities. You will earn 10 points for each speech you assess. (20 points total for this assignment)
1. Please review your grades on Progressbook. Remember to look in the 3rd quarter. If you see any issues, please alert me ASAP. I will enter my grades in the COTC system at 5:00 p.m.
2. If you haven't already, complete the course review distributed by COTC. You can find this in your COTC email account. In the past, some students have found this in their junk mail or clutter folders. Today is the last day this survey will be available to you.
Congratulations! You made it through Composition II! I wish we were together to celebrate!