Overview of the week:
All classes : Read a chapter a day (Chapters 15-19), do the activity on Edmodo and take the quiz.
Optional Zoom on Friday, May 8th:
1/2 period's Zoom is at 1:00
7/8 period's Zoom is at 1:30
5/6 period's Zoom is at 2:00
Important Internet Links:
Click here for the book---> The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Click here for the audio version---> audio version on Youtube.
Click here ---> https://www.johnstown.k12.oh.us/Page/564 for ALL 7th Grade Teachers' webpages and checklists.
Learning Objectives for the Week:
- Students will understand how to cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
- Students will determine or clarify the meaning of unknown words and phrases by using context clues and consulting the dictionary as needed.
- Students will write with varied sentence structure.
Week Six: May 4th - May 8th
Checklist for the Week
Read Chapters 15-19 of The Hunger Games.
The book can be found here. Click on this---> The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins You can use that link with your Smartphone as well as on a computer.
Here are some links to me reading if you prefer listening as you read: Audio Version of The Hunger Games on Youtube. <---CLICK HERE
*Note: You will also find each chapter of me reading on Edmodo.
All Classes: Go to Edmodo and do the activity that is posted there. You will have five "deeper thinking" questions and will have to post your answers in your small groups to discuss. Please email me if you don't know how to find your small group on Edmodo.
All Classes: Take the quiz for Chapters 10-14 on Edmodo that will be up and posted on Wednesday. The quiz will be due Sunday, May 10th.
Check out Edmodo to get the Zoom invite and meet for about 30 minutes to discuss Ch. 15-19 on Friday.
Period 1/2 at 1:00 on Friday, May 8th
Period 7/8 at 1:30
Period 5/6 at 2:00
Zoom Instructions: I will post the link on Edmodo with a phone number you can call if you want to use a phone. There will be a "Meeting ID" and a "Password" that you'll need to enter if you use your phone. Also, there is third way to get on a Zoom meeting, and that is by downloading the app, Zoom. I believe that if you download the app, you will need the "Meeting ID" and "Password" which you can get from Edmodo about 5 minutes before the time of your class's meeting. We will be discussing chapters 15-19 of The Hunger Games. It will be a shorter meeting, and will only take about 30 minutes, but if you need to enter the Zoom meeting late or leave early, that is completely fine.
NOTE: Feel free to email me if you are having any difficulties. If your email comes through during the times of the Zoom meetings on Friday, I will hopefully be able to respond (but can't totally guarantee) and will try my best to help you with Zoom. If you're worried about using Zoom for the first time, we could set up a practice meeting beforehand. Let me know if you would like to do that, and always keep in mind, anything with technology takes patience!
1. Edmodo assignments: due Friday.
2. Reading: Technically due Friday; however, your reading quiz is not due until Sunday, so if you need extra time, you can use the weekend. ***Do not wait until the last minute to read all five chapters, however, because that will be about 60 pages to read in one day. To have an easy time of it, start your reading on the first day of the week, Monday!
3. Quiz: due Sunday.
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Enjoy The Hunger Games!!!! <---CLICK HERE for the book
CLICK HERE for the --->audio version on Youtube.
:) Mrs. Dennis