Thank you for visiting the JHS Guidance Scholarship page. The first few hyper links listed below, will take you to different search engines fo scholarships. Please be aware if you are filling out a scholarship and they ask you to make a payment, we would advise you NOT to do that. Funding is one of the biggest obstacles that stands in the way of continuing education. This organization believes that finances should never be the reason they can’t attend their dream school. Their researchers spent months putting together the perfect step-by-step guide to help students search effectively for the best scholarships for their needs.
Please take a look here – https://www.reviews.com/best-scholarship-search-platforms/
This guide is perfect for those with questions like:
- How early should I start looking for scholarships?
- What paperwork do I need when I start my applications?
- What is work study and how does it differ from a scholarship?
Students are looking for answers as they begin their plans for a bright future. Our guide is a tool to jumpstart their search to fund their efforts!
Cappex is a great tool to help students locate scholarships. The two links below will have helpeful information when using Cappex.
You will find a list of 15 Scholarship Programs available to Ohio students. More than 900 individual scholarship awards will be distributed through these 15 programs. Students from Ohio school districts are eligible for all awards. Please click on the link below for more information.
The link below will redirect you to the Ohio Means Jobs website. There is an option to search for scholarships. Please click the link below to access this information.
The Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship
The Coca-Cola Scholars Program scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. With the 32nd class in 2020, the Foundation has provided over 6,300 Coca-Cola Scholars with more than $72 million in educational support. 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship. Our application is open! High school seniors can apply here.
Horatio Alger Scholarship Applications
The Horatio Alger Association has multiple scholarship programs available to students. The application is open. It will close on October 25. As one of the nation's largest need-based college scholarship programs in the country, the Horatio Alger Scholarship Programs specifically assist high school students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their young lives. While many programs are directed primarily to recognizing academic achievement or leadership potential, the Horatio Alger Association seeks students who have exhibited determination, integrity, and perseverance in overcoming adversity, as well as have critical financial need.
To be eligible to apply for any of the Horatio Alger Undergraduate Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the United States; be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2021 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
- Be a United States citizen
Click here to access the application.
The Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program
The Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program is the largest undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend the nation’s best four-year colleges and universities. In addition to the monetary award, Cooke Scholars receive comprehensive educational advising, significant cohort-based programming, and graduate school funding, as well as a thriving network of over 2,700 fellow Cooke Scholars and alumni.
Each award is intended to cover a significant share of the student’s educational expenses – including tuition, living expenses, books and required fees. Awards vary by individual, based on the cost of tuition as well as other grants or scholarships he or she may receive.
This highly competitive scholarship includes:
- Up to $40,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school
- Ability to pursue any area of study
- Personal advising about selecting a college and navigating financial aid
- Multifaceted advising about how to transition to college and maximize the college student experience
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Senior standing – Plan to graduate from a U.S. high school in spring 2021.
- Fall College Enrollment – Intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college beginning in fall 2021.
- GPA – Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Income – Demonstrate unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. Last year’s cohort of new college scholarship recipients had a median family income of approximately $35,000.
- Test Policy – This year, the Cooke Foundation will not require applicants to submit test scores for the College Scholarship Program application, and we will be “test blind” in the review process
The application closes on October 30, 2020 at 11:59 pm in your local time zone.
Licking County Foundation
The Licking County Foundation Scholarship Program will begin accepting applications on Monday, January 18, 2021 for the 2021-2022 academic year. Applications must be submitted online through our scholarship portal.
Students will have six weeks to complete and submit their applications.
Deadline for all online scholarship applications is 5pm on Friday, February 26, 2021.
Ms. Merrill will meet with students on January 20th and 21st during smart periods to complete applications.
Click Here to Apply
2021 AMERICAN LEGION POST 254 MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
In Memory of Neil Ashbrook and other veterans who have given service to their country, the Johnstown American Legion Post 254 has established the Post 254 Memorial Scholarship.
At least one scholarship with a minimum amount of $250 will be awarded in 2021. All are gift scholarships and are not loans.
1. A senior at Johnstown or Northridge High School, Johnstown, Ohio: or
2. A homeschooled senior with a permanent address located in the school districts of Johnstown or Northridge HS.
3. A senior with a permanent address located in the Johnstown or Northridge High School districts yet attends a
school outside of the Johnstown or Northridge High School districts.
1. 3.0 GPA in high school
2. Minimum of 920 on SAT (math/verbal)
3. Minimum of 19 on ACT (excluding the required writing test scores)
c) SECONDARY INSTITUTION. The awardees must be pursuing either an associates or bachelor's degree to be eligible.
d) SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION. Submit completed scholarship application, with essay, before the deadline.
PLEASE STOP BY THE GUIDANCE OFFICE TO PICK UP AN APPLICATION
THE HARTFORD FAIR SCHOLARSHIP
The Hartford Fair established their first scholarship awrad in 2004, for high school students within the fair district.
This year we will be awarding three scholarships of $1000.00 per recipients.
Applicants must be a graduating senior, live within the Hartford Fair District and be a member of one of the
following; 4-H, FCCLA OR Steer Pool. The Hartford Fair District comprises all of Licking County, Delaware County townships of Harlem, Trenton, Porter and Berkshire, or Knox County townships of Milford, Hilliar and Miller. Applicant must be pursuing an education in a 2 or 4-year program at an accredited and degree granting institution.
You can visit http://www.hartfordfair.com for more information.
PLEASE STOP BY THE GUIDANCE OFFICE TO PICK UP AN APPLICATION