Teaching and Learning
Johnstown Monroe Local School District offers a wide-variety of program of study for all students in grade K-12.
Strong academic development has long been a highlight of the Johnstown Monroe Local School District. Major academic subjects are reviewed and revised periodically by teachers, administrators, support personnel and parents. In this way the curriculum reflects changes in research, methodology, technology, student needs, and state mandates.
Curriculum Review Process
The Johnstown Monroe Local School District curriculum is developed using Ohio’s Learning Standards through a curriculum mapping process. Grade level and teams of teachers meet to review the content specific learning standards and begin the curriculum review process which includes the following steps:
- Identify /Review the Ohio Learning Standards to determine what students should be able to do at each grade in the identified subject area.
- Identify state required assessments for the subject and grade level of focus.
- Analyze district and grade level data to determine how well students are meeting goals to determine adjustments to be made in the instructional plan.
- Review/revise formative and summative assessments to frequently assess learning goals at each grade level.
- Gather and develop activities to help students practice the necessary knowledge, skills, and strategies in unit of study.
- Integrate relevant 21st Century skills and technology applications into the units of study to help students gain skills in problem-solving, collaboration, and technology.
- Make connections between units to model the integration of knowledge and skills in the real world.
Identify, integrate, and implement Universal Design for Learning elements to benefit all learners.
Here are helpful links: